NSC LIVE! May 2018

Did you miss May’s LIVE event? Catch the full recap here with the wonderfully talented Nicki LaFoille. Nicki answers your quilting questions live in this fun, interactive, and informative Q&A.

32 Responses to “NSC LIVE! May 2018”
  1. Sue

Hi. Do you know of a technique or product for painting fabric that will dry soft? I want to paint a decoration on a wool area rug. Thanks very much for your live events. They’re always interesting.

2. Gillian

First time viewer here!! I have no question but I’m excited to hear the presentation.

3. CAROLE

I hear its not recommended to prewash fat quarters. Im old fashioned and wash all my fabric before cutting out and sewing. What do you recommend?

4. Caren Maneker

j̲̅u̲̅s̲̅t̲̅ w̲̅a̲̅t̲̅c̲̅h̲̅i̲̅n̲̅g̲̅, t̲̅h̲̅a̲̅n̲̅k̲̅s̲̅

5. Christine M Morgan

Hi, I would like to recreate a dress for my daughter. The outer shell of the dress is silk chiffon and the lining is 100% polyester. At the bottom of the silk outer shell are 2 rows of eyelet stitching – each row is a continuous row of this type of stitching. My srwi g machine has an eyelet stitch but It doesn’t look like it will be a continuous stitch. Please help. Thank you.

• Kathy

Love this ! I need ideas for two 28×34” windows near the ceiling to block the hot sun? Cheep cheep, 🐥 but halfway attractive

6. Christine M Morgan

Hi,
    Thank you so much for airing my eyelet stitching question. I will definitely investigate a wing needle. Thank you again!

7. Lorie

I’m currently making a reversible skirt and wonder if you have any advice on handling the elastic waistband.

8. Chrysta

I’ve been trying to cut 6 inch squares out of t-shirts and old sweaters but I find that my cutting square moves a lot so I have to push down really hard on it to keep it in place. Doing this makes my writs sore and tired. Is there an easier way to keep my cutting square to stay in place while I cut using a rotary cutter?

9. J. Briggs

Since sew on Velcro is kind of abrasive, does it require a heavy duty or special needle? And does that ruin it for other sewing?

10. Susan

The dresses are called, pillowcase dresses. Made with bias tape around the neck and arms. Great project. We did 75 of them in our group.

11. Christine M Morgan

Hi, what would be the best hemstitch to use for silk chiffon – not a rolled hem, a flat hem.
    Thanks!

12. Tami G.

What’s the best way to store your fabric in plastic tubs preventing sun fading and permanent creasing ?