NSC LIVE! November 2016

During the November NSC LIVE, Nicki LaFoille taught how to make several pattern alterations, including changes to the shoulder, waist, and leg areas of garments. Nicki also discussed how to use an old garment two different ways by taking it apart. Other topics included embroidery, stabilizers, and how to pair the right stabilizer with the right fabric.

nsc-1200x300-pdf-download

29 Responses to “NSC LIVE! November 2016”
  1. Mary jo williams

My mom made several quilt tops before she died. I don’t know know how the finish them. What steps do I need to do next?

2. Patricia

I have a 2 piece formal. The top wraps around with hooks to attach the back together. The back is about 4 inches vertical where the hooks fastens. The top is to tight and I can’t get it to attach to the hooks together. It is lace and cotton lining. How to extend the back so it will fit.

3. Octavia

Have not sewn for 40 years… so excited about starting again. I have no clue what is suppose to happen at this sessions. My first one. Are we too early?

4. GAIL

For Shirley the lady that has trouble threading a needle, I also have the same problem and picked up some clip on magnifiers that attach to my glasses….most stores that handle crochet, embroidery, needlepoint type stock often have these clip ons and they are wonderful. I use mine ALL the time.

5. Marcia

I have a Bernina that I bought in 1983, still going strong. Been to the repair shop 4 times in all those years!

6. Joan White

Can you take pleated pants and take the pleats out of them and make them plant in the front?

7. Elizabeth

Have you any tips for creating curtains accurately when they are too big for your table or bed and don’t have enough floor space to lay the curtain out.

Hi Elizabeth. If you do not have enough room to lay out a curtain, you are going to have to fold the fabric when cutting it so it does lay flat on whatever surface you are using. When doing this, ensure that your fabric is on grain and lined up perfectly when you cut to avoid any small “elbows” or points at a folded area. One you have your curtain cut out- constructing it would be the same as any smaller curtain.

8. Mamie

Need designing a pattern to learn adjustments person to person. Saw an Indian lady on web/she created pattern from measurements? So cool. Is this possible thru video???