Oh Sew Cute Sewing Challenge Project 5: Wallet Front Purse

Week five of the Oh Sew Cute Sewing Challenge brings one of our more complicated projects- the wallet front purse. This awesome awesome accessory combines two things we all typically carry-into one!

Made from cotton fabric, this wallet front purse can be made from colors and prints to suit almost anyone’s personal style. You’ll also get to play with adding purse hardware like magnets and D-rings to this project, which help give it a more professionally finished touch. This project can also be customized with additional pockets added to the lining.

I can’t wait to see what everyone’s wallet front purses look like, so be sure to post photos of them on the Facebook Group Page!

If you haven’t already, make sure to officially join the challenge so you can get each week’s project delivered right to your inbox. Sign up here!

Ashley’s overview of this week’s project:

21 Responses to “Oh Sew Cute Sewing Challenge Project 5: Wallet Front Purse”
  1. Linda Tuggle
    Linda Tuggle

Would love to do this but its been years since i’ve sewn and I can’t find a pattern or seen steps on how to make this. are these available?

2. Carol Nebb
    Carol Nebb

I need/want a white purse for summer. I could make on from cloth though hesitate because it would need regular washings. Would the metal need to be taken off prior to washing?

3. Sally Smith
    Sally Smith

I’m looking forward to making my own purse (if I can manage it.) I would like to put two dividers inside and a velcro closure for the outside pocket if that would not make it too bulky.

4. Cindy
    Cindy

I found a pattern similar to this at our local quilt shop, but my daughter in law wanted one of the pockets for credit cards to be long enough for bills…so this is perfect!!!

5. CHERYL HARRIS
    CHERYL HARRIS

Only issue I have is that the drop down card slot and cash holder should be the other way around. If you do not get it closed just right … it will drop all those items on the floor. I have had that happen with other purses that I had purchased and that is why I started making my own. That and the fact that I am very picky about my purses – AND no one can make them right – so I began and still do Make my own.
    Really looking forward to trying this one with one tweek after I have made the first one.

Autumn Guidry

I ended up assembling that way too, I am assuming it is a typo or an error they didn’t catch. My trouble is assembly.

6. Autumn Guidry
    Autumn Guidry

I am a little lost on assembly. It says to put the pattern pieces with top main and main fabric back together right sides together and stitch but does not say where to stitch (Long side/short side/top/bottom) I am getting a little frustrated and of course no diagram to help with assembly. Can someone help?

Hello Autumn!

We’d love to help! Which step or page of the pattern are you on?

Thank you!