This article contains affiliate links. National Sewing Circle may earn a commission on purchases made through these links.
1. Sewing MachineIt’s no question that a sewing machine is the most essential tool for sewing. For a gift that will really wow the receiver, consider a quality sewing machine like the Brother CS6000i. This machine is feature-rich but beginner-friendly, featuring 60 built-in stitches, auto-size buttonholes, and a wide table for large projects.
2. Sewing ScissorsA good pair of sewing scissors is also a must-have to get any sewing project done right. The Gingher 8-Inch Knife Edge Dressmaker’s Shears are ultra-sharp and perfect for cutting through just about any material. The knife edge blades glide through material with precision.
3. Sewing Machine Needles
If the sewer in your life enjoys working with a variety of fabrics and materials, it’s important to have the right needles for certain projects. These Universal Schmetz Needles are ideal for all kinds of fabrics, and the brand has other needles for just about any type of specialty material as well.
4. Portable Sewing Kit
This portable sewing kit comes with an array of thread colors that make it easy to sew on the go or fix something in a pinch. Polyester thread has a high tensile strength and won’t tangle easily, and the kit comes with a convenient carrying case for easy storage.
5. Sewing Clips
Sewing clips like these are handy for temporarily holding fabric pieces together before sewing them. They are a good alternative to using pins for anyone who may have a habit of pricking themselves and are great for projects involving delicate or open weave fabrics.
6. Rotary Cutter SetA rotary cutter is a great sewing tool that yields smooth, accurate fabric cuts and can be easier on the hands than cutting with scissors. This W.A. Portmann rotary cutter set includes an ergonomic cutter, replacement blades, and self-healing mat.
7. Sewing Storage Box
Any sewer can tell you about how quickly their sewing space can become chaotic. Help them keep sewing notions contained with this Singer sewing box. It has a spacious interior, storage pockets, and a built-in pincushion, and it even comes stocked with a few essentials that every sewer needs.
8. PincushionsWhen it comes to wrangling those pesky pins, something like this magnetic pincushion is an easy and effective solution. If you’d rather have something that keeps pins upright for easy access, this cute, wood-base pincushion features a flat base and comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
9. Seam RipperNever underestimate the power of a good seam ripper. This tool quickly removes mistaken stitches and is a true essential even for the most advanced sewers. The Clover Ergonomic Seam Ripper has a comfort grip handle and sharp, delicate tip.
10. Pattern PaperFor advanced sewing enthusiasts who enjoy drafting their own patterns, give the gift of creative freedom with this Tritart pattern paper. It makes copying or transferring pattern markings a breeze and is an essential for garment design.
With any of these thoughtful gifts, you can show your support and help inspire your loved one’s sewing hobby. Whether you choose a new tool they don’t have yet or gift them with something to replenish an often-used sewing tool, your gift is sure to let them know you care.